Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nails of The Day: Revlon Grey Suede (Limited Edition)

So I decided to take a break from studying and go to CVS for respite. Hanging out at the cosmetic section (surprise, surprise)! Hidden on a shelf way back in the store was Revlon's Limited Edition Spring Collection of Nail Polish. There was a minty green, soft lilac, peach, and grey suede. The finish are all creamy, no sparkle. The grey suede and lilac caught my eye so I picked those up.

I tried the grey suede today and I quite like it! It's one of those "in" mushroom, taupe colors with a grey undertone. I never thought I would dig Revlon nail polishes, they always give me the impression that they are cheap and would chip after one day of wear. I quite like the formula. It's a bit watery but not hard to work with. Opaque after only two coats. With a seche vite top coat, I am hopeful that it won't chip or peel for a week. I think this is going to be my summer nail color besides coral. It would also make a great color for job interviews, it's very understated but elegant...



Too bad it's limited edition. I'm going to have to stock up!

No comments: