Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Flamenco Diaries: Week 4 - Zapateo y Marcaje

We did footwork which is getting a bit more complicated and faster pace. She has finally thrown arms into the mix.

She's also had us do some marking to Allegrias.

Everything was a piece of cake and I felt good about everything.

After class, I hung around to observe Beginning II class, where you start doing choreography. It doesn't look that complicated and I would have probably been better off starting at that level. I notice that some of the people from my class stayed on and are taking that class. I think by the end of this session (which ends in June), I would have enough review of basic techniques to move on to Beginning II. Usually, it takes at least 6 months to a year in Beginning I to move up to Beginning II. Thank goodness my muscle memory has kicked in and I don't have to wait that long.

No comments: