Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My First Dance Class in Ages



I attended a zumba class this evening. I was surprised I still have coordination I could get the complicated footwork. The only thing is that I can't maintain it for long because I have no endurance. Boy it's a real workout. I have forgotten how hard dance was. It's much different than running on an elliptical trainer or a treadmill. With dance you use your entire body. On top of that, you have to think about rhythm, coordination, choreography, artistic and emotional expression.

This is my first zumba class and it's really fun. I like the fact they incorporate a lot of latin, hip hop, and BELLYDANCE moves. The class runs twice a week. Hopefully by 6 months I will have fulfilled resolution #4: Be smoking hot!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I almost went to my first Zumba class last night, but I was at work too late so I missed it. I am hoping to go next week. I am really excited!

Flippin' Yank said...

I highly recommend it! Hope you have fun! :D