Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Not You, It's Me.

Dear Belfast,

I'm terribly sorry I had to do this through a letter, this is not easy for me at all, honestly. This note will be the last memory you'll ever have of me, I'm bouncing and not looking back.

Don't let it get you all upset inside, San Francisco has and will always be my first love. It is because of your history of problems that keep me from being even remotely interested in continuing this relationship with you.

You'd be much better off finding a person that can deal with your gloomy weather, small-mindedness, intolerance and lack of diversity. I might miss certain things about you such as your green hills, your beautiful countryside, and free healthcare. But what I will really miss the most are your people that I befriended and grew to love. Please take care of them and give them as much sunshine as possible.

I'm so glad this is done and we're going separate directions for good. I hope you will find someone who can appreciate you more than I have.

Peace,
Flippin' Yank

No comments: