Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Diamond in the Rough



Looks can be deceiving. Behind these doors, you will find hidden treasures from the Orient. Ingredients from China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, and India. Craig and I were casually strolling along the Lagan towpath and around the corner on the Ormeau Rd, we saw a bunch of Asians carrying bags and bags of stuff! My radar went off and something told me to go in. A bunch of Asians is a sign that there's good food for cheap! When I went in, I was surprised to see the same brands that my mom uses for cooking, she would be mighty proud! And Craig can finally taste authentic Filipino dishes that he has been dying to try like lumpia and chicken adobo! They sell produce as well and their prices are a real bargain! Looks like I'm shopping here more often!



When we walked home, I kept reminding Craig that Belfast isn't so bad. You can find really neat stuff if you look for it. I think he's beginning to believe it! :)

No comments: